Tweet me

Saturday, April 28, 2012

J-Pop: A Band and 'the Song'

I like lots of bands, but we have to admit not every song in the album is our favorite. Here are some of my picks in the J-Pop band scene and a favorite song from them. Enjoy!

1. Asian Kung-Fu Generation : Solanin


2. Radwimps : Futarigoto


3. Supercell : Utakata Hanabi


4. Suga Shikao : Sorosoro Ikanakucha

I would've posted more but these are the artists whose albums and songs I've been tracking. So far I liked many of their releases but these songs are the songs that sticked to my mind and made its way into my phone's Most Played songs.

With Solanin, it's the first Ajikan performance that made me realize how good of a band they were. I might be biased since I didn't really see their lives much. I watched this after hearing it on the movie of the same name. My emotions were really affected when I saw them play it. The movie surely played a role. Since then, I loved Ajikan more than ever.

Futarigoto (Soliloquy For Two) is a hit song by the Radwimps. What caught me most was it's lyrics and how they were sang. Also, the song's bridge was really good. I listened to it many, many times since I heard it.

As a Sakura and Sasuke fan, I looked up the song and Supercell's full album I liked almost all of the songs which is quite rare for a Japanese band for me. This was my favorite because the singer's voice really matched the song and put all its meaning out there. Awesome.

This song in Honey and Clover is an emotional one. The lyrics are really simple but every time I listen to it I get all emo and stuff. It's in my top favorites in J-Pop, hands down!

No comments:

Post a Comment