Tweet me

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Coming Full Circle

I've never seen the country nor done any Christian pilgrimage in the Philippines but you know my dream has always been to go and experience all of Japan. I saw an episode of Cool Japan about the Ohenrou/

Shikoku Pilgrimage

and I really wanted to try it out!

My grandpops was a Buddhist and seeing the show made me want to kind of visit the temples of Japan, all 88 of them (40 days of walking). I wonder if God would be okay with that? I'm sure he would be coz I would be getting one moe thngs off my bucket list as well as experiencing the lives of the people going through the pilgrimage and those helping out pilgrims.

What's more amazing about this is that it is the only one in the world where you go back to where you begun in the very end, you come full circle - back to the very first temple you started at. It just makes me think of how great it would be to accomplish something as big as this, even just sightseeing and not really praying to Kukai. I would love to reflect on my life and journey through Japan. Just thinking about it makes me want to graduate and save up ASAP! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment