Tweet me

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Is it the same for you?"

You know how when you like a guys and then you hate this one tiny thing about him and it puts you off?

Well I love this band, The 1975. Every song's lyrics are just made so good, it speaks so much about how a teen/young gens. feel about getting high (not necessarily drugs, tho Matty says so); about love (not so much sex) and about being in love, love, looove. My sister and I sing their songs on loop almost everyday even tho the lyrics are PG (oops). ♫

So there's one song and this one song is called Antichrist. Do you kind of get me now?


I have nothing against non-believers its just that I felt so sad listening to this song. It's Matthew who wrote it and he's the band's lead singer. If you listen to the lyrics, you can hear him questioning God and how impossible He is and the things He did.

The part where he sings, "Is it the same for you?" well I got myself wondering and realizing, too. I realized that I was a faithful and a Church-goer but I question God, too. I feel like the non-believers have it so much harder coz they don't even try to speak to God, they never reach out and pull their strength from him.

This one song didn't make me hate The 1975. It made me realize that people need some kind of assurance and with God we have faith. But they can't see that, God doesn't speak through human ways. He's different and I want so bad to give whatever I can and help spread God's Good News coz honestly without it, I would've given up a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment